criteria for Membership
Please note due to the ongoing Covid pandemic and the lack of a technician DPW access will only be for people with full printmaking experience.
There is no assisted access (i.e. with technician present) or variable (daily or weekly) membership access at present. These other forms of member access will be implemented when we are able to do so.
DPW strives to provide a printmaking environment that uses non-toxic methods
of printmaking when possible. Therefore members need to have a knowledge of processes which may differ from their previous training.
Selection criteria and induction required. Full Membership is suitable for experienced printmakers who wish to use the workshop facilities on a regular basis. Full members must have reached a strong level of competency in their chosen printform/s.
Daytime Only Unassisted Membership
Selection criteria and induction required. Daytime Unassisted Membership is suitable for experienced printmakers who wish to use the workshop facilities on a regular basis. Experienced members must have reached a strong level of competency in their chosen printform/s.
Resources and Equipment available
- Harry Rochat etching press. (bed size 26” x 48” )
- Hunter Penrose etching press. (bed size 26”x48” )
- Harry Rochat Albion Relief Press. (platen size- 16”x22” )
- Harry Rochat Nipping Press (plate size- 20”x15”)
- A1 Kippax manual table top screen table.
- 2x small table top screen beds, suitable for T- shirt and small A4 graphic work.
- Small desk top relief press
- Hot Plate for etching plate preparation
- Large Natgraph UV unit for photo-screen preparation.
- Small A3 UV unit suitable for cyanatype and small photo (solar) plate preparation.
- Macintosh computer (guest use only available for members).
- Epson A3+ Expression 10000XL Scanner
- Large wash out unit for screen preparation
- Spray booth and small air spray for aquatint plate production (members provide their own air brush)
- Small heat press for fixing and curing textile printed images
- A variety of rollers, squeegees, relief cutting tools, intaglio scribers, palette knives etc. for use in print production
- Photo-emulsion (small £1 fee per screen), etching grounds, etching mordants, stripping solution clean – up materials etc
Full Membership - What You Get
Provides full access to the workshop through a timetabled booking system. 9.30.am to 9.30pm Tuesday – Sunday
Fee: £35 a month paid through a monthly standing order.
Daytime Membership -What You Get
Provides access to the workshop through a timetabled booking system. 9.30.am to 5.00pm Tuesday – Saturday
Fee: £25 a month paid through monthly standing order.